Sunday, November 29, 2009

Photo Collage: Four Generations on a Road Trip

When the twins were three months old, we got an invitation to bring them to my Grammie Zimmerman's 80th birthday party at the end of August. My parents-in-law and Yuni's grandmother Chu also came along for the ride. We visited family all over the US, including Cousin Brian and Cousin Jill who were living in northern Virginia just outside of Washington, D.C. I got lazy this weekend with too much holiday and no real homework, and I did not write the post I had been planning. There are tons of pictures from the trip, so enjoy the preview!


Four generations of Zimmerman descendants

Truth and Love with the Zimmerman cousins


At the US Capitol




At the Ryder summer place on Camano Island










At Carnation Farms in Washington State












Cousin Jill and Cousin Amy with the twins





With Cousin Brian's family in Dulles Airport














At the hotel in Bellevue, WA the first night in the US. My dad is so proud to be a grandpa!



7 comments:

murat11 said...

Great pictures, and what a cool trip for the babes and all!

Teresa said...

It was fun. Stressful for the interpreter, but quite fun.

Cloudia said...

What great pictures of a wonderful extended family, Teresa. She She,



Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

Travis Erwin said...

A lot of memories to be made on a trip like that.

Teresa said...

Thank you all for stopping by. It was a wonderful and exciting trip with many interesting challenges.

murat11 said...

Damn the life intrusions - job, exams, papers, taking out the garbage - to our real lives as bloggers...

Teresa said...

Sorry for the blogging silence. I submitted the proposal for my final paper in my literary criticism seminar to a grad student conference at UCLA next spring. It got accepted, and the professor changed MY assignment to make the paper the best it could be for when I will represent our school. The paper will also become the second chapter of my thesis (the beginning of my own analysis of Jin Yong's kung fu novels), so my thesis advisor has made a lot of input, too. Then my classmates got into the spirit of things to help me represent our school and show them that we might be second tier, but we are not second string. With all the cooks stirring the pot, I did rewrite after rewrite after rewrite.

I have turned it in now and will not touch it again until January. But I still have two other classes to finish. Today I am outlining my notes for my history final and setting things up for the final project in my Asian Lit seminar (I have not even started this project yet). If I have time, I will write the saga of our travels tomorrow morning and visit all your blogs to make comments. The rest of today is for working.

It is nice to know that I am missed.

Teresa